All too often, I have witnessed less than successful presentations due to unplanned problems and issues.
Most, if not all, of the impact from an unplanned circumstance, can be minimized or eliminated with your own emergency presentation kit.
Here are some pre-event suggestions to ensure your presentation goes smoothly.
In next week's tip, I’ll cover some suggestions for you when you arrive on-site.
EMERGENCY PRESENTATION KIT
- Bring a flash drive with your presentation, workbook, video, and audio files. Test it from the flash drive
- Print your presentation with your delivery notes
- Bring a six-foot USB extension cord. You may need it for your flash drive and/or your presenter
- Bring your own presentation device with backup batteries. Bring only fully charged batteries
- Bring your own laptop with an extension cord. Charge fully your battery
- Print out your biography and/or introduction and bring with you
- Bring your own bottle of water (no caffeinated beverages)
- Bring your own timing device (e.g., watch, mini-sized clock, professional presentation timer) or purchase a reliable app for your smart device
- Print out driving directions
Two other pre-event suggestions:
- Test your presentation, every slide, ensuring the animations, audio, and videos work perfectly
- Research the organization’s key executive and planning staff including short biographies. Bring a printout and review.
Depending upon your own situation, some of the suggestions may or may not be appropriate. Make your own list. Print it out. Check items off.
USE YOUR CHECKLIST EVERY TIME.